POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wings3D dog final : Re: Wings3D dog final Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings3D dog final
From: Hugo
Date: 28 Apr 2002 17:55:27
Message: <3ccc6fcf@news.povray.org>
> Very nice. I the dog made up of control point type surfaces? Would it be
> possible to animate the dog by only moving a few points?

Wings3d does not yet support animation / bones, so the dog is not going to
bark or bite you, don't worry.. ;o) And I don't think it's possible to
control movement in an exported mesh2, because I found out it seems the
triangles are randomly placed in the data stream. Increased control might be
possible with clever use of a new material to each "bone" .. that will
clearly show up in the mesh data, easy to isolate and move.. But a smoothed
pulling of triangles between 2 "joints" will be a challange.

I can think of other ways too, but none of them seems easy at all....
Though, I admit that I don't know how the big commercial modellers do it.

Regards,
Hugo